Blog Contributed by Stephen McClain
Now that spring has officially sprung, it’s time for a little cleanup. Great Estates Landscaping has the tools you need to breathe life back into your landscape! We’ve put together a list of the top five steps for spring cleaning. These tasks will prepare your property for spring planting and ensure that you get the best blooms!
1. Remove the debris. Getting rid of all the limbs and branches of the winter season is essential.
2. Rake dead leaves and twigs. Now to deal with those pesky dead leaves that carpet your soon-to-be luscious lawns. Raking up any leaves and twigs will allow sunlight to get to your grass, making it ready to spring up in the sunshine.
3. Prune and trim. Weatherworn bushes and hedges will need to be pruned back. It’s important to inspect trees as well, as damaged limbs and branches should be removed.
4. Map out landscaping and garden plans. If your spring cleaning plans involve installing new plants, it is best to have a plan. We can help with arrangements of trees, shrubs, flowers and other landscape elements that work for your property and budget.
5. Start planting. Our service team will get your scheduled. Any plants, trees or shrubbery hearty enough to survive early spring’s still-cool nights can be put in the ground now.
There you have it! Great Estates is ready to prepare your property for spring and help with any new landscaping plans. Contact us today!
In addition to being a manager on the landscaping maintenance, installation and turf management team at Great Estates Landscaping, Stephen McClain is a sports fanatic who enjoys spending time in nature and doing outdoor activities with his family.
Share this article on:Twitter Facebook Google+ LinkedIn Share